Become a part of the broad business@school network
Every year, over 1,000 students, 150 teachers, and roughly 400 coaches participate in the educational initiative business@school. Will you soon be one of them? Here, you can find out how to get involved in business@school as a teacher, coach, or senior high school student, how to provide support as a parent, or how to become a part of our broad network as an alumnus.
What exactly is business@school, anyway? Find out here.
How to Participate in business@school at Your School
- Experience business and entrepreneurship hands-on for a school year: You open your school and work with coaches from the business community. It expands your school’s network while your students analyze large companies as well as local companies and develop their own start-up ideas in three phases.
- Exciting project management role: You coordinate the cooperation between your school, coaches from the business community, and the business@school project office. To ensure project progress, meet with teams at least once a week—virtually or in person.
- Find the right participants and attendees: At least twelve students work together in three teams. You’d like to participate with fewer students? That’s possible too. Just get in touch with us!
- The best team wins: After each phase, the students present their results to a panel of judges. At the end of phase III, the best teams compete against each other in regional competitions and finally in the International Finals.
What’s in It for You?
- You don’t have to create your own teaching materials: You will have access to our project platform with comprehensive learning materials, accompanying documentation, your own learning videos, and helpful checklists. Team management and contact with the coaches also run conveniently on our platform.
- You’ll benefit from our many years of experience: business@school was developed with teachers, so it’s ideally suited to the needs of schools. Among other things, we offer online workshops with a wide variety of content and formats.
- We’re flexible: Whether online or in person, whether during regular class time, as an elective or part of an after-school project group—business@school can be integrated into your everyday school life in a variety of ways.
- You don’t have to have studied business to join in: Our materials convey comprehensive and practical business and start-up know-how, and the supervisors and our project office are there to help and advise you.
- A network for life: You and your students will work closely with the coaches and gain deep insights into the world of companies and start-ups. Therefore, business@school is also well suited within the framework of career orientation.
- Your students will also benefit from participating: They become part of an exciting project and learn important skills for the future, such as teamwork, presentation techniques, and media skills in a fun way. At the end of the project year, every student receives a personalized certificate of participation.
By the way, our videochallenge is an excellent way to get younger students excited about participating in business@school in the future. Any student between the ages of 14 and 20 can participate, regardless of school type.
Please feel free to e‑mail Nadine Jedliczka with any questions.
If you would like to apply with your school, register as a teacher and complete our application form between November 1, 2022, and March 1, 2023.
What do coaches do?
- Ensure that all teams receive equal support, in coordination with teachers
- Convey knowledge to student teams
- Support students in brainstorming and tapping their creativity over the three phases of the project and help them to overcome hurdles as necessary
- Share practical experience with students
- Stay in touch with a student team over the course of a full school year—whether in person or remotely
What Can You Expect at business@school?
- You’ll become a business expert in three progressive phases: In phases I and II, you will look at companies and acquire basic business knowledge that you can later apply in phase III.
- After each phase, you and your team present your results to a panel of judges.
- The winners at your school will compete against the best teams from other international schools in the International Finals at the end of phase III.
What’s in It for You?
- Future skills such as teamwork, time management, and presenting will no longer be a challenge, because you will learn them all in the course of the three phases at business@school. That way you are super prepared for life after school. In addition, you’ll receive a personalized certificate of participation at the end of the project year.
- The contacts you make in our alumni network during the course of the project and afterward are priceless—a real network for life. And who knows? Maybe you’ll implement your business@school business idea and can use this network for it.
Does business@school sound interesting to you, but you are actually looking for a more flexible project? Then also take a look at our videochallenge. All students between the ages of 14 and 20 can participate.
Is your school not yet involved? Get in touch with us—we’ll be happy to send your school information about how to get involved.
Attend school and regional competitions as a guest
Experience your child full of enthusiasm in a completely new context. You'll be amazed at how knowledgeably and persuasively your son or daughter presents his or her team's own business idea to an expert panel of judges and deftly answers critical questions. And of course, it helps to keep your fingers crossed in moral support